7/7/09

DAY# 5.Our First DOTCOM Reflection Assignment


1.What did you learn in Washington D.C about media?
At first I want to say that Washington is a very beautiful place..So I spent an amazing time in Newseum, which reflects the history of America, and gives a lot of information about everything..I will never forget the expressions I saw there..''LET THE PEOPLE KNOW THE FACTS AND THE COUNTRY WILL BE SAFE''-Lincoln. Or '' The free press is the cornerstone of democracy'' I agree with this expression..So we had an owesome converstation in State Department, and Radio Station, we were speaking about the things we were interested in or we were concerned about..
2. What did you learn in Washington, D.C. about your student colleagues from the other two countries?
Ok, as Adzerbajanis weren't in Washington, I can tell something about American students..So they are all very smart and nice. Some of them are funny, the others are serious, but they all always smile, and they are friendly..I learnt a lot about their thoughts, which were different from ours..I love them all, and I am proud that I am working with such an amazing people...I imagine how I shall miss them.oh!

3. What has been hard or challenging about the DOTCOM program so far?
I think it was hard to communicate with various people, and try to understand them, and express your own opinion. And the hardest thing was to overcome the cultural shock, I think I didn't succed yet. As everything is different, even the food and wearing..

4. What has been exciting and rewarding about the DOTCOM program so far?

I like the way we get to know each other, I liked the team buiding games. I like the way Dr. Williams explain us everything about our work, and it make me be more active and thing about something anusual. It was to exciting on 4th of July, the Independence day was celebrated in anusual way, it was great, especially when Rob Williams and Dave appeared with our chiken Lenin..

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful blogging reflections here, Lilit!

    I really like your Abraham Lincoln quotation, as well.

    How do we ensure that "the people" know "the truth"?

    Something to reflect upon as you begin to create your REEL ACTION film.

    GO DOTCOM!

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great reflection Lilit! I think the quote "Free press in the cornerstone of our democracy" is really thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete